The Data Science and Digital Innovation (DSDI) department provides data science, software development and engineering expertise and drives digital innovation from the business side for Vaccines R&D.
The Scientific Software Engineer works in team with Data Scientist, Innovation Leads and other scientific roles to support the development, integration, engineering and optimization of scientific software applications, tools, libraries and data for Bioinformatics, Machine Learning and advanced data analytics and visualization.
What you’ll do
- Contribute and support the design, development, integration, engineering and optimization scientific software applications, tools libraries and data for Bioinformatics and Machine Learning and advanced data analytics and visualization
- Perform analysis of business requirements and users’ needs and provide technical expertise to develop and implement software systems, algorithms, advanced analytics as well as written standards and reports
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Expert in supporting Data Scientists and other scientific roles to execute the Digital and Data Analytics agenda
- Ensure software and data deliverables meet the highest quality standards, performances and delivery timelines and comply with company and industry standards (SOP, WKI, etc.).
- Ensure quality control and quality audit of deliverables
- Keep excellent professional relations with team members and key stakeholders, work in a team environment
- Keep up to date with state of the art of scientific software and data engineering, programming languages, frameworks and techniques
- Excellent ability to work in fast-paced environment, excellent resilience and self-motivation
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project delivery skills
- Good networking, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to comfortably work in complex organizations with multiple stakeholders from different scientific/technical background
- Bachelor or equivalent professional experience in the field
- Area of specialization: Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- English Fluent
- French or Italian are a plus
- Familiar with MS Office package
- Excellent software programming knowledge in at least two of the following programming languages:
o Unix shell / Bash Scripting
- Strong knowledge of GIT and tools for distributed code versioning and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based OS (preferred RHEL/SUSE/Ubuntu) and HPC systems
- Good knowledge of database systems (relational and/or No-SQL) and data architectures
- Good knowledge of virtualization/containerization/orchestration systems (e.g. KVM, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Considered as a plus:
- Knowledge of Machine/Deep Learning framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.).
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics and Machine Learning widely used software application.
- Ability to understand the scientific, biological and immunological context where the scientific software is used.