Within the Network & Cybersecurity Services Family (NCS), the Expertise team of the Network and Connectivity (NAC) service line designs and deploys modern, qualitative, scalable and competitive network services on the Datacenters and main Office Buildings of the client's group.
In the NAC Expertise team our client is working on a project basis, facing challenging short term and long term requirements. They are translating business needs into technical solutions that fit into their service model.
The experts and integration engineers are piloting activities from design to deployment. They take particular care of the handover to the operational teams in order to bring the solution in a controlled way into production.
The network and security expert is continuously analyzing and optimizing the existing network infrastructure, tools and documentation.
Our client is currently operating physical datacenters in France and Belgium, and is also managing the connectivity to public cloud group environments.
What you’ll do
- As security expert you will focus on the following:
Design & deploy network and security infrastructure:
• design FW, proxy and loadbalancing solutions with respect to business requirements and the actual design standards.
• work in close cooperation with architects on the HLD and aligned LLD.
• deploy the solutions in the production network in a controlled way.
• perform correct and complete handover to operations.
- Project management tasks (limited) :
• reporting of activities and progress
- Level 3 support :
• provide expertise support for complex or critical incidents on proxy, loadbalancing and FW infrastructure
• perform E2E performance troubleshooting on perceived network performance degradations.
- The deliverables of a network & security expert are:
• documentation of the network setup in the form of Layer2/Layer3 schemes (in Microsoft Visio)
• writing of LLD (Low level design) documents
• contributing to HLDs (high level design documents)
• writing of detailed migration plans for implementation of significant and major changes
• writing of high level change descriptions for getting a change approved by the CAB
• writing of test plans to validate the correct functioning of setups after a change.
• writing of performance troubleshooting reports
- On call services
• 1 week of on call services may be requested according to the projects
- Technical Skills
• A good all-round network and security knowledge
• Mandatory : Knowledge of DNS and Infoblox technology
• Security: FW and IPS technologies, loadbalancing technologies, Proxy technology, VPN SSL access, logging (Splunk), XML gateways, ...
• Networks: LAN/MAN/WAN technologies, TCP/IP, Ethernet, and virtualized architectures (Layered model, VLAN, VRF, …)
• Cloud : AWS / Azure experience, with a knowledge of the network & cybersecurity cloud concepts
• Excellent TCP troubleshooting skills
• Expertise on Zscaler solutions, Palo Alto & Fortinet FWs, F5 Loadbalancers
- • Knowledge of the following platforms and their design limitations: Infoblox, Zscaler & Bluecoat Proxies, PaloAlto & Fortinet FWs, F5 loadbalancers, Cisco & Pulse VPN, Cisco switches/routers
• Knowledge of AWS & Azure Cloud environments
• Knowledge of scalable network architectures
• Documenting in Microsoft Visio
• Writing of HLD/LLD documents and migration plans
- • Is a team player.
• Takes initiative.
• Is motivated and eager to learn.
• Can work autonomous in finding solutions – but checks off with team members and management.
• Is flexible and has ability to adjust the goals.
• Communicates in an open, transparent and clear way to team members and management.
• Has good analytical skills
• Is able to understand customer requirements and advising properly towards the customer.
• Has good project management and time management skills
• Has a structured way of working and can guide other stakeholders in projects
• Is able to document designs, implementations and integration projects in a structured way.
• Is able to advice operational team(s)
- Project Management skills:
• project management experience is considered as a plus.
• ITIL base knowledge is considered as a plus.
• French (good level for speaking) – English (good level for writing) - Dutch (not mandatory, but highly recommended)