We are looking for a Solution Architect to reinforce the actual team!
Our client is building the best Gigabit Network for Belgium & accelerating the fiber and 5G roll-out. This network will be unmatched in terms of capabilities, unavoidable on the long run and open to all. We will operate like a “digital native” company, becoming leaner, legacy free and truly fit for a digital world. As Solution Architect, you will help translate those complex & new business needs into end-to-end IT solutions.
The solution architect team currently counts 45 specialists & experts. It is working in IT solutions supporting areas such as new digital approaches, sales and customer service, the fixed and mobile networks of the future (Fibre & 5G) and innovative solutions for the residential (E.g. Android TV,...), professional (e.g. ICT workplace, security, SD-WAN,...) and wholesale market.
As solution architect, operating in agile context, you are in contact with multiple stakeholders: network, product and services, process experts, IT experts, latest digital technologies, AI... You drive those interactions & help assess functional & non-functional requirements, cost versus benefit… It will be key to understand what the business needs and together with the Domain & Application Analysts define efficient IT solutions. They must be future proof & aligned with the Enterprise Architecture.
What you’ll do
- Understand, Analyse and challenge the business needs.
- Do the first evaluation of the business request and determine a high level solution & costs (Intake process)
- Elaborate the end to end Solution Architecture in close collaboration with the IT delivery teams taking into account business (functional) and operational (non-functional) requirements.
- Design the solution aligned with the target architecture defined by the Enterprise Architect.
- Support the solution development, testing and implementation.
- Share your experience with your colleague Project Architects.
- Support the test managers to define the testing strategy & scenarios
- Engineer in Telecommunications / IT or equivalent by experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT.
- A minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role (IT architect, business architect, solution architect) within the telecommunication sector is a strong asset.
- Background as Senior Functional Analyst is also good.
- Your extravert approach gives you the capability to build a network within the company.
- Capacity to work autonomously but also in team.
- Thirsty to learn with an open, analytical, creative mind.
- Result oriented.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Able to negotiate in order to resolve conflicts and drive to decisions.
- A first experience in Agile is an asset for the position.