• The Business Intelligence team ensures that the different business units have the right insights deducted from raw data.
• The team provides these insights via standard Cognos reports & dashboards, Qlik Sense self-service cubes, ad-hoc deep-dive data analysis and advanced analytics (e.g. predictive models).
• The team assist management in making the right tactical & strategic decisions based on data to improve the customer product & service experience.
• To strengthen the team, we are looking for a BI reporting & visualization expert.
In one sentence: you make data accessible, understandable and usable in an appealing way to your business stakeholders.
Concretely this means that you:
• understand the KPI’s & other metrics business is steering on
• setup reports & dashboards, knowing what visualization works best for a specific purpose
• are able to capture, describe & validate the reporting requirements with your business stakeholders (e.g. by generating mock-ups)
are able to deduct what data needs you have in case data is structurally missing in the BI environment
• keep up with new trends & capabilities of the BI & analytics platforms
• maintain & improve standard, guidelines & templates with regards to reporting & visualization
• provide training towards report consumers and business analysts to increase their BI self-service capabilities
Besides your main stakeholders within business, you work very closely together with your colleagues BI business analysts, both in an agile scrum project as in a business as usual context. Their focus is on providing you the right & accurate data sets to work on, while your core skill is to turn this data into actionable insights.
- You combine a strong business affinity with a great interest in data crunching
- You have great communication & presentation skills and know how to convince people
- You are eager to learn and you do not avoid any challenge
- You can manage your own planning & priorities and can align with stakeholders of every level to come to the desired result
- You have a good portion of assertiveness and you dare to challenge your stakeholders where needed
- You are flexible and love to work in a very dynamic & changing environment
- You understand what it takes to work with confidential corporate data
- You have a Master degree Commercial/Civil Engineer, Applied Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Management or equal in experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with Cognos and/or Qlik as BI tool
- You can challenge the business needs & see the ‘bigger picture’
- You can define (& preferably design) a star data model of facts & dimensions that meets the business requirements and which is optimized for reporting development (with focus on KPI’s and derived metrics)
- Having Telecom industry experience is a plus
- You have a very good knowledge of (Oracle) SQL and MS Excel
- You are familiar with the agile scrum project methodology. A project management certificate is a plus
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch & English. French is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Showing creativity and taking initiative is highly appreciated
- Young and dynamic team
- Flexible hours, including 1 day a week homeworking policy
- Career planning with sufficient growth & training opportunities
- Interesting rewarding package
- Modern workplace (quality restaurant, sandwich bar, juice & boost bar, gym, gaming hall, etc.)