We are looking for a Strategic Investor Relations and Financial Public Relations Senior Manager, comprising key external facing communications roles. The role is based in Brussels with dual reporting into Head of Corporate Finance and Head of PR & Brand. Regular international travel will be involved. Communicates effectively and persuasively to protect and build our customer’s reputation amongst key external stakeholders, including shareholders, debt investors, rating agencies and financial journalists. Draws upon an understanding of the business, including its financial drivers and competitive/regulatory environment, its people and knowledge of the organisation.
Dynamic self-starter who is comfortable working in a complex and highly regulated environment, and motivated to develop as the function evolves.
What you’ll do
- Investor Relations:
- Engaging with senior stakeholders at Management Committee and Board level to set investor relations strategy.
- Responsible for delivery of said investor relations strategy
- Advising senior management on communications strategies and messaging that promote and protects the reputation of our client amongst its shareholders.
- Autonomously and pro-actively to develop communication support materials, such as presentations, scripting, etc.
- Responsibility for organising investor relations events, including the annual investor day. covering logistics, management briefings, messaging, and meeting budgetary constraints
- Act as a conduit and spokesperson with the investor community, helping to develop a fair understanding of the Company and its prospects
- Global coordination and project management lead of our client plc Annual Report, comprising responsibility for developing Strategic Report content (including Chairman and CEO statements) and oversight for branding/delivery of both physical and digital reports
- Closely monitor industry developments, including peer watch and analysis
- Contributes to formulating and reviewing group financial policies to support strategic objectives
- Stay current of latest best practice in investor relations, and corporate reporting trends
- Champion importance of financial awareness within the organisation
- Financial Public Relations :
- Steer the effective development of messaging and communications strategies on potentially sensitive issues and key projects that may affect the group’s reputation or commercial interests
- Develop credible relationships with key Financial journalists across Europe, acting as a spokesperson for the Company
- Work with the business on media pitches, including drafting of press releases and managing interviews, as well as responding to journalists’ enquiries
- Oversee media monitoring tools and reporting to management
- Maintain PR section of the corporate website
- Champion communications best practice, including use of digital channel
- Technical skills :- 5+ years of experience in Investor Relations, Financial PR or related role, ideally in a regulated environment.
- Solid financial literacy, ideally supported by a professional qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, with fluency in French. Other languages are considered a plus.
- A high level of relevant functional and technical skills to perform role in an autonomous way.
- Soft skills :
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal stakeholders, influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both orally and in writing and adapt to the audience in order to cope adequately with the contact at various seniority levels.
- Fast learner, high level of autonomy with the ability and experience to work on own initiative and take decisions.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage own time effectively.
- Stress resistant and flexible to accommodate changing priorities.
- Team spirit, searching for end to end view by leveraging others views to come with most adequate solutions.
- Strong analytical, management reporting and planning skills.
- You have the ability to prioritize effectively in a multitasking environment and manage conflicting demands.