The Agile Transformation - Automation & Controls team is looking for creative and motivated DevOps Accelerator and Engineer to be part of its agile delivery team, driving our Agile Transformation. Our team produces a highly compliant software development, configuration management, and change management framework which supports the company in delivery of its software. You will be part of this team which is responsible for the CI/CD pipeline of all applications.
As a DevOps Accelerator and Engineer, you’ll be a front-runner for our Agile transformation and work very closely with the different cross-functional product teams/squads. You'll combine ‘Agile’ with expertise in technology to roll-out and continuously improve the CI/CD pipeline and to redesign the linkages & controls affected by the Agile transformation.
You have an equal role in the team as a contributor and designer. You will need to be continually looking for creative solutions, using both your existing technical knowledge and by exploring and learning new processes, products, and technologies. You will have the opportunity to provide technical and architectural input and feedback to the team and shape the evolution of the continuous delivery pipeline.
What you’ll do
- Coach and challenge the squads on DevOps practices
- Assess the current challenges and defining the key actions to be taken to improve the DevOps practices within a team/squad while onboarding them to the Agile
- Constantly validate the measures to be taken to improve the DevOps practices
- Coach the teams/squads on how to best use the available DevOps practices, CI/CD pipeline, evolve controls, etc
- Support of roll-out of and migration to the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with the team to continually architect, improve, and roll-out the new CI/CD pipeline to all teams/squads
- Support the squads in migrating to the CI/CD pipeline by providing coaching and ad-hoc problem solving to address impediments and issues
- Integrating controls in the CI/CI pipeline, where possible ("compliance-as-code")
- Support the redesign of the linkages and controls affected by new way of working, whereby the risk controls are maximally embedded "as code"
- Validate the new linkages and controls with the squads and refine them based on the learnings from these teams
- Support the squads ad-hoc in managing the existing linkages & controls and problem solving to address impediments and issues
- Engaged and team-oriented
- Passion for problem solving
- Ability to work well in both a team (pair programming) and individual environment
- Ability to perform research and analysis on your own as needed
- Fully understandable English skills – both written and oral
- 4 or 5-year university degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IT/software delivery, preferably working with architectures focusing on security and SaaS delivery models
- 5+ years of experience working in Unix and/or Linux environments. Some system engineer experience is not required but is a plus.
- Experience and enjoyment working in agile teams is a must
- 2+ years of experience with :
o DevOps practices and toolset with strong focus on automation of provisioning, quality controls, security auditing and maintenance
o CI/CD tooling, including Jenkins, Nexus, Bitbucket/git
o Agile/Scrum tooling including Jira, Confluence
o Scripting (Python, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Lambda functions, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with containerization platforms, such as Docker, OpenShift, or equivalent
- Kubernetes experience is not required, but is preferred