Framework & Boundaries – Main challenges and complexity elements (for example main problems the job must deal with, main difficulties, obstacles, conflicts, risks job faces) :
• The last years some important investments were done to standardize our IT platforms. Nevertheless we still have some IT debt coming from our history.
• Due to the new Agile and Devops way of working the PM will (potentially) have to subcontract pieces of work to the development ‘factories’ that deliver overall product backlogs according to a set sprint planning
• Multi technological environment where besides applications also topics like infrastructure, database, security and impact on operations needs to be taken into account
What you’ll do
- As a project manager you will plan and ensure execution of one or more IT projects within set timelines and budget by defining and managing elements such as the scope, solution, planning, budget, risks, resources, dependencies and quality, in close collaboration with your internal clients and both internal and external suppliers.
- You will ensure the complete delivery of the solution by integrating both IT and business stakeholders, where ensuring will be based on the satisfaction of the users of the implemented solution. You will be the trusted companion of your sponsors and stakeholders during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular and clear project statuses and prepare actively management decisions requested.
- You will work in different business areas (utility based) with a broad range of IT applications. You actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation, leading a multi-disciplinary team of business and IT experts. The core applications used are SAP and salesforce.com interconnected by an ESB.
You will make sure the necessary resources are available and confirmed by the different domain managers.
- You will actively participate in the preparation phase (RFP, pilot’s, budget and business case definition) to ensure the delivery of the project scope in the agreed time and budget.
- You will ensure that all reports and dashboards always contain the latest information on your project
- You will always keep track of the business case and take attention on the prioritization based on this (minimum viable product supporting the most benefit towards the business case).
Time, Budget, Scope and quality must be respected at all times.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Master English and at least conversational in Dutch or French
- Thorough experience in working with project management tools & MS Office
- Ease in project management methodologies, experience in Agile and/or having methodology certification is considered an asset
- You know the techniques of managing scope-time-budget-quality-risk management
- A good general understanding of business context and complex IT projects technologies and systems
- Experience in Utilities is an asset
- Have successfully ended large and/or complex project implementations, including fixed price projects and/or 3rd party sub-contractors management
- Team spirit
- Able to manage stakeholders
- Analystic skills & problem solver
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Prepares for decision, management decision support, including Steerco & Exec reporting