As a leading telecommunications company, we are eager to bring aboard data-minded personalities that share our passion for turning (tremendous amounts of) data into value for our customers and shareholders.
In your role as a Senior Big Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for collecting, analyzing and storing our large data sets through state-of-the-art big data capabilities and technologies.
As a Big Data Engineer you’ll be in a driving seat to guide strategic decision-making within our company, make a difference in our customer’s entertainment, communication and future digital experiences, and drive new business development.
In your role you will be working closely together with Big Data architecture to set strategic direction for big data.
- Clear Communication: You can effectively and diplomatically communicate ideas to your target audience, i.e. from architect to C-level executive.
- Pragmatic: You are pragmatic in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
- Team player: You should put the team’s objectives above yours and take the initiative to get things done without waiting to be asked.
- Coaching: You can easily share your knowledge with other team members and can take up a coaching role when necessary.
- Big Data Technology: You constantly maintain an overview of the Big Data landscape, allowing yourself to advise on new technologies where needed. We need someone that is has in depth expertise with regards to Scala, Spark, Structured Streaming and Kafka Streams.
- Project management: You are able to manage large projects autonomously and monitor scope, time, quality and budget at all times. You can take decisions and solve problems independently within budget of a project and take end to end ownership.
- Agile: You have experience with agile ways of working and can take the lead in a project based on Kanban principles.