Manages all accounting, including revenue recognition, expense recording, and timely and accurate closes. Ensures the preparation of accurate, reliable, and timely reporting of financial statements and other financial data in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S., GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements. Keeps abreast of changes to accounting requirements to ensure ongoing compliance. Develops and implements company wide accounting policies in conformance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements. Prepares period-by-period analyses and explains significant account variances. Develops and implements cost-effective controls to promote data integrity and minimize risk. Monitors compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures and with all regulatory requirements.
Statutory Reporting Compliance
• Prepare & review the conversion of accounts from management GAAP (USGAAP) to local GAAP through the preparation/review of the statutory financial statements;
• A wide responsibility in terms of day-to day interactions with various stakeholders including coordination (accounting & tax teams across the world, senior management, banks, auditors, service providers,…)
• Support the preparation of BeGAAP accounting and reporting compliance for the company (including social balance, board of directors’ reports to be files with the Belgian National Bank), as well as information provided to the workers’ council.
• Coordination & support for statutory and tax audits
Monthly & quarterly accounting/reporting processes
• Perform month-end closing process
• Statistical surveys – prepare local national bank inquiries & statistical surveys (collection of information, analysis, coordination,…) for all European entities and branches in scope of responsibility.
• Responsible for tax accounting activities, including deferred tax accounting, VAT reconciliations, VAT turnover, tax audit support, payroll reconciliation,…)
• Financial integrity – validate financial integrity of Europe region books for entities within scope of responsibility: perform detailed P&L and Balance Sheet reviews at statutory book level within Europe and proactively identify issues.
• Coordinate with shared service center to resolve issues identified to ensure financial integrity of books.
• Promote and maintain a strong control environment (SOX, BCP, process documents,…)
What you’ll do
- Support the monthly accounting close cycle
- Provide accounting guidance and support to the regions and business units
- Ensure consistency of accounting for the transactions and agreements among all regions and business units
- Monitor accounting for agreements for compliance with company's policies, procedures and related accounting literature
- Perform and/or review account reconciliations
- Work closely with many individuals in Worldwide Finance, regions and business units to gather information for analyses
- Prepare monthly reporting summary for senior management
- Master or bachelor in accounting, audit or finance. CPA or relevant accounting certification is a plus
- Strong relevant work experience (audit, accounting, statutory reporting experience preferred)
- In-depth Excel skills combined with a good knowledge of common ERP (Oracle preferred) and reporting tools
- USGAAP knowledge in combination with either BeGAAP, French GAAP, Spanish GAAP, German GAAP or any other European GAAP is a must
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and technical accounting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, high sense of initiative and urgency
- Fluency in English is required, any other European language is a plus