Within the department « Services, Platforms and Clouds / Data Center Services» (SPC/DCS) the « Solution Design & Implementation » (SDI) team, includes the role of Cloud Infrastructure Architect. A key role in the Cloud IT infrastructure (Private/Hybrid/Public) delivery for the « Business » and technical projects.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect works closely with internal clients, project managers and sponsors, for the translation of the requirements into the design of the IT solution, processes and tools. The role requires participation in all project phases, from initial intake through maturation, execution and project launch.
The Cloud infrastructure architect role is situated in a dynamic team that provides the design and delivery of Cloud solutions to the business and ensures the implementation for our internal customers.
- Mandatory knowledge of English, preferably also Dutch and/or French speaking
- Multiple years of relevant experience in IT architecture
- Understanding of cost analysis; impact on business cases and cost of a solution’s implementation and year on year operation
- Strong understanding of strategy, information technology and innovation
- Self-starter with the ability to manage projects and other tasks under minimal supervision
- A strong understanding of cloud computing technology and infrastructure as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud.
- Analysis of the technical and financial impact of projects on (cloud) infrastructure and processes
- Translation of the business and operation requirements into the infrastructure technical specification, roadmap and end-to-end & cross-technology architecture design
- Collaborate with project managers, sponsors, technology teams and managers for the definition of the complete impact on the cloud infrastructure; budget & planning and the provisioning of the solution as required by the project
- Starting with initial high level design and estimate, through to the final detailed solution ready for provisioning (once the budget has been approved).
- Other skills: Customer focused, results driven, analytical, leadership, listening and negotiation, Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience designing and implementing public, private and Hybrid cloud based solutions (preferably Azure) and mitigate risks
- Experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS platform
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific use-cases
- Knowledge of Network & Security landscape, together with interactions with IT platforms
- Experience in integrating tools and services for all areas of cloud computing, such as data, security and networks
- Experience in Automation and Orchestration tools
- Understanding of the building blocks of IT (virtualization, SDN, network infrastructures, physical&virtual storage, datacenter computing, backup&recovery technologies, databases, middleware, disaster recovery and business continuity technologies)
- Understanding of the key infrastructure components; UNIX, LINUX, Windows, ORACLE, SQLserver, Apache, SAP, WebSphere. jBoss, Weblogic, VMware, OpenStack, OpenShift, Docker
- Understanding of project management life-cycle and methodologies
- Experience in Agile, DevOps
- Familiarity with Cloud security and governance models
- Familiarity with Cloud Management Platforms
- Good to have Azure Certified resource
- Good to have exposure to multi cloud environment
- Experience in TCO analysis & ROI assessments on Cloud solution
- Experience in migrating on-premise infrastructure to Cloud platform