The Unix Engineering team is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level support of 1000+ Red Hat Linux 6/7 servers running various applications. The team is also responsible for architectural designs for projects as well as accountable and responsible for the stability of production environments.
The post title is Red Hat Linux Engineer and reports to the Group Leader of Unix Engineering.
During your day-to-day tasks, you will have to work with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Products, IBM Lotus Notes, Cisco Jabber.
First 6 months in this location (Brussels), afterwards with infrequent travels to other offices such London, Paris or the other Belgian office (Braine L'Alleud). To be discussed and agreed with the hiring manager.
- Strong Project management work experience
- Strong Red Hat Linux knowledge, Red Hat 6/7
- Experience with KVM
- Experience with VMware ESX
- Experience with Red Hat Cluster
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible v2.x
- Experience in writing Technical Documentation
- Ability to analyse complex data
- Nice to have :
Quest Authentication Services (QAS)
Security tools and concepts (SSH, SSL, PKI, LDAP, etc.)
- Good use of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Products, IBM Lotus Notes, Cisco Jabber.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to set realistic targets and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
- Outgoing, resourceful and able to obtain information from other parts of the organisation efficiently and with minimum disruption.
- Excellent analytical skills, versatile, and inquisitive.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.