The Legal division is the owner of the contract management framework (policy and process). It must therefore ensure its governance is optimal to support the framework and supported by an adequate tool, allowing involved stakeholders (Legal, contract owners, counterparties, compliance, etc.) to control its compliance, management and implementation (rights and obligations), in an automated, streamlined and secured manner across all group entities / business units.
Your role would be to manage the project to further improve contract management process, make gap analysis and come up with a proposal and implementation of a simplified governance and a common tool across the group, responding to the business needs. The project output solution should take into consideration the existing tools and future architecture and data management.
Project Scope (indicative):
- Assess current governance in place from efficiency and changing/ evolving organization perspective (gaps)
- Propose and implement simplified (define RACI of stakeholders involved in contract management, contract ownership sign-off process, transversal contracts) and streamlined governance, ensuring right and automated controls
- Gather requirements (Legal and main business stakeholders) related to an optimal contract management (min maturity level 3)
- Analyze tools available in-house (possibility to be enhanced) or on the market, against agreed requirements and assist the Legal division with a decision which tool should be used for all group contracts, to avoid information scattered over various tools
- Build the migration plan and help with a tool implementation
What you’ll do
- Plan the project:
- Define the scope of the project and project team.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Identify resources (financial, human etc) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review and maintain the project schedule with Legal Division and all other stakeholders affected by the project activities.
- Implement the project:
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to keep updated involved stakeholders, working group and Legal on the progress of the project
- Control and evaluate the project:
- Write regular status update reports on the project for management and sponsor.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time and within budget
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Must be fluent in English.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new ways to solve problems.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others in multiple locations to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions. Build virtual teams, when necessary.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results. Proactively identify tasks and schedule resources accordingly. Capable to change people's mindset.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Challenge and propose solutions: Assess problem/ situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Knowledge of project management. Formal qualifications in a recognized Project Management discipline (eg PRINCE2) is desirable.
- At least 5 years project planning and/or management experience. The role will require liaison with a large number of internal stakeholders, also at management level.