The Capacity Management team (part of the Service Strategy and Operations department within the Group Technology Services Division) is currently organized around 3 main domains: One domain is responsible for the Mainframe and Tandem technologies, another domain is specialized in the Distributed Technologies and the third domain is supporting Business and Service Capacity Management. The team is responsible for a full set of activities covering both Capacity and Performance aspects. It produces the “capacity plan” on a yearly basis and performs monthly follow ups; it collects the demand and forecasts the need in term of IT infrastructure; it handles capacity and performance operations to prevent Capacity and/or Performance incidents. All of this is done keeping in mind the cost impact (hardware and software) of IT infrastructure evolution.
The team is also involved in various projects, ensuring that an application is rightly sized and well-tuned before going in production. Via the projects, capacity indicators are selected to report on resource usage, quality of services and Business volume evolution. Based on this, the team develops models to correlate resource consumption with volume changes and quality of service.
Finally, the team took over the Volume forecast activity, aiming to forecast the cost of IT services to be recharged to our customers. This activity is based on actual and forecasted resource consumption of the IT services, often in line with Business evolution. The forecast is monitored on a monthly basis to identify any deviation and adapt the associated cost for the customer.
What you’ll do
- You will work as Capacity Manager Expert in the Distributed Technologies Domain. This domain is responsible for the capacity and performance management processes related to the Windows, Linux, ESX, Distributed Storage and Network infrastructure. Your speciality will be in the Distributed Servers area, with in particular the ESX virtualization layer deployed on Converged (VCE) and Hyper-converged (Nutanix) infrastructure.
- Regular monitoring of the capacity and performance of the Distributed platforms.
- Identification and Investigation of capacity and performance issues / problems.
- Report in a comprehensive manner and propose mitigating actions to the Engineering teams.
- Perform ad-hoc capacity and performance analysis, make recommendations and produce associated reports.
- Collaborate to the publication of the yearly capacity plan.
- Organize the monthly capacity follow up meetings with Technical Domain Owners.
- Participate to projects in order to collect and validate the demand, assess the feasibility of the proposed solution and make recommendations on the Design and Sizing based on Business requirements.
- Participate in Performance testing, analyze the performance data, propose changes to optimize resource usage and performance, make recommendation and produce the Performance and Capacity Test Report.
- Build capacity models to correlate Business Volumes with Resource utilization and Service levels. This will require an in depth understanding of the Business Drivers and Service Level Agreements on the company platforms.
- These activities are done based on the team standard monitoring and reporting tools: VMware VROPs, Nutanix Prism, Perfmon, Linux PCP, Splunk and SSRS. Whenever needed, you’ll have to setup automated data collection and reporting (for the team and the customer). In particular, VROPs and Nutanix Prism reporting must be further developed.
- You have proven experience (senior level) with capacity management and performance engineering processes (including forecasting) for Converged (VCE) and Hyper-Converged (Nutanix) infrastructure running Windows or Linux Operating Systems on ESX/VMWare.
- You have experience in some of the following capacity and performance tools: VMware VROPs, PRISM Nutanix, SSRS, Linux PCP, Splunk.
- You have SQL language and SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) knowledge (capabilities of creating SQL queries and build reporting) and have a good level of expertise in Excel.
- You have good English communication skills (written and spoken) and you are able to create synthetic complex understandable capacity / performance reports for various audience / customers: management, business or technical.
- You have a collaborative mind-set; you are a team player and willing to share knowledge with your colleagues.
- You have an analytical mind-set and an understanding of statistics; you are able to analyze and correlate data.
- You can work autonomously and have leadership skills; you are not afraid of taking ownership and/or initiatives. You are dynamic.
- You are Continuous Improvement oriented and ready to propose and drive improvement initiatives.
- You are ready to extend your knowledge and participate to other capacity management activities of the team.
- As a plus:
- You have experience with Cloud capacity management.
- You have experience with Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor.
- You have expertise in capacity/performance management process for Network and Distributed storage technologies. You have experience in network capacity / performance monitoring tools like SevOne, Netscout, Cisco Prime, HPNA, Palo Alto - Panorama.
- You have experience with REST API .
- You have experience in Business and Service Capacity management.