A data architect is an IT specialist with experience and knowledge in (master) data management, data integration, application integration and data governance.
A data architect knows our enterprise information model, our data governance principles and our IT & data architecture. They will contribute to projects of various business divisions (Enterprise, Consumer, Customer Operations, Staff and Support) respecting the different business processes (customer intelligence, fulfillment, repair, provisioning, billing, ...).
Data Architects enable data and data flows to be set-up and/or maintained in qualitative fashion. They work with business and IT colleagues (architects, process engineers, functional analysts and project managers) to ensure that a full set of relevant, clear and unambiguous requirements regarding data and analytics are described and implemented.
What you’ll do
- You will assess the impact of a project on our enterprise information model, business/information capabilities and, if necessary, propose changes
- You will capture data requirements and deliver logical data models, data flow diagrams and other artefacts
- You will determine the safety/security level of data (access, GDPR, Chinese Wall, ...)
- You will contribute to a well-documented application design with focus on data and analytics (data model, reference data, technical architecture) for the purpose of standardization and re-usability -
- You will ensure the final delivery conforms to the design
- You are an IT professional with a minimum of 7 years experience as a functional analyst or architect with proven experience in (master) data management, enterprise information modeling, logical data modeling, data quality and/or data governance projects.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage.
- Experience with Rational Data Architect, Erwin, Embarcadero or Powerdesigner is an advantage.
- Knowledge of business intelligence, datawarehousing and/or big data is an advantage
- Knowledge of the telecommunications environment (eg eTOM/SID) is a strong advantage.
- You're a good negotiator. (maybe add somewhere as a project architect, discussing/alligning with all stakeholders of a project)