The Network Engineer will be part of the Network team, responsible for the day-to-day operation, as well as for any improvement or project delivery. This position requires technical & human skills: Very good level of troubleshooting and analytical skills to work with others to quickly diagnose and resolve network issues. Design capability and ability to influence and spread knowledge.
Occasional off-hour/on-call support is required. This role requires participation in an on-call schedule (Watch duty) as well as flexibility for some after-hours work performing upgrades and installations. It also entails responding to service and system outages and other problems during and after business hours as necessary.
This position requires an individual with good communication (both verbal and written), organizational, and analytical / problem-solving skills. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and perform tasks with a high degree of quality, while following existing processes and operational procedures. Additionally, the position requires the ability to work with members of other teams and staff to meet all necessary department and organizational goals.
What you’ll do
- Design, Set up, configure, and support network infrastructure.
- Assist with maintaining current documentation of related corporate network implementations and updated changes.
- Involvement in troubleshoot network systems (L3).
- Be involved in Technical and/or Business projects by delivering the required infrastructure (and related documentation)
- Degree in Computer Science or Certifications in Network Technologies, Information Systems, or other related disciplines (preferred).
- 3-5 years minimum of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Excellent knowledge with routing and switching technology (incl BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VRF, MPLS, LDP, GRE, IPSEC, OTV...) related (DNS, QoS...)
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco product line (Nexus, ASR) and ACI.
- Scripting skills (Python, SQL, ...) would be appreciated
- Knowledge of ACS, ISE, Prime, CheckPoint, f5, Ansible is plus.
- Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment, to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Motivated to perform some knowledge transfer.